Aims of the Core Outcomes in Women’s and Newborn Health (CROWN) Initiative
1. Form a consortium among all women’s and newborn health journals to promote core outcome sets in all areas of our specialty.
2. Encourage researchers to develop core outcome sets using robust consensus methodology involving multiple stakeholders, including patients.
3. Strongly encourage the reporting of results for core outcome sets.
4. Organise robust peer-review and effective dissemination of manuscripts describing core outcome sets.
5. Facilitate embedding of core outcome sets in research practice, working closely with researchers, reviewers, funders, and guideline makers.